Monday, January 21, 2013

Chapter 1

July 6, summer.

-

*annoying blackberry ringtone*
Me: ommmgggg Dana answerr the phone it woke me up
Dana: haw it's not even my phone asasn you have to wake up it's 11pm

We searched for the very annoying phone and we found it, yes it was mine. There was 7 missed calls from madawi. I wasn't surprised she usually calls whenever i slept over at my friends house, making sure I return home.

Dana: men dag?
Me: madawi
Dana: oh

Dana is my best friend she's like a sister to me she's 14 chubby, tanned with very curly brown hair that was longer than mine.

Sara walked In with a very tired face.

Me: 9abaaa7 el5aaair sara8enoo shfek?


Sara is 16, she's danas older sister. I also consider her as my sister she has curly short hair she's not so thin but not so fat either, we joke a lot together I feel like I'm closer to Sara than to Dana, either way I love them both.

Sara: um shsma la wala shay

Me: ouch cold reply, maku good morning :(?

Sara: Nora kalamtk madawi?

Me: ee bs ma rdait laish?

Sara: let's go eat I'm hungry

Wow moody. Something is up and I can feel it.

Dana: shfej m3a9ba 7ail mu laygltch

Dana Sara and I always talk in random accents sometimes Kuwaiti sometimes Bidwn sometimes 7jazi and sometimes fo97a. It was our thing.

Sara: I just woke up Dana maly 5lgk

My phone rang and it was madawi
Me: aloo

Madawi: uffff finally you answered tara 6am6am w bu zaid are coming to pick you up

6am6am is my nanny/BFF I love her she cracks me up =)) bu zaid is my driver. I give everyone a weird nickname.

Me: mn jdiikkkk laaish I just woke up 7tta Salam ma salamta 3al banat

Madawi: Nora please come I need to talk to you

Me: ugghhh okay

I hung up and we went downstairs looking for some food.
I hated Dana and Sara's house for one reason: NO FOOD
Literally there was no food. their refrigerator had Laban, yogurt, and fruit. THATS IT.

So we just sat there in the kitchen knowing that there wasn't any food and that my 6am6am and driver will be here any second.
They were on their blackberrys so I decided to check mine.

After replying to everyone, I noticed that hajar, madawi and Haifa (hajar's close friend) had the same personal message (اللهم اجعله خير)

Now I know for a fact that something is wrong.

I pinged all 3 of them and asked them what's wrong. No one answered me.

A few seconds later Sara changed her pm (personal message) to (اللهم اجعله خير)

I looked at her face once again it was pale

Me: SARAAAA SH9AAYYEERRRR?

*ding dong*

Saved by the bell.

Merry dana's housekeeper opened the door. It was 6am6am. Surprise surprise..

6am6am: nooorraa hurry up we have to go home nooooww

Me: shaku 6am6am chill

I quickly wore my abaya and shoes. I hugged the girls but I noticed that Sara was hugging me so tight that I couldn't breath and she whispered: stay stronggg a7bk

Shda3wa stay strong I'm going home mu 7arb..

On our way back home I was thinking a lot. What the hell was going on? Sara wouldn't respond to our 'jokes', none of the girls are answering my question, 6am6am looks dead tired and the streets of Riyadh were depressing and empty.
Riyadh's city lights shine so bright and colorful. But not today.
The car was so silent. Bil3ada 6am6am w bu zaid y7arshoun ba3a'6 with music blasting in the background. But no, it was dead silent.
I kept thinking and thinking and thinking, I had to stop. So i checked my bbm and remembered that Sara knew what was wrong. PING!!! PING!!! PING!!!
I was too busy pinging Sara to notice that we arrived home. Oh god I was too scared to enter my own house. I knew something was wrong... Terribly wrong.

الحمدالله على كل حال

No comments:

Post a Comment